The Divemaster Course
The SDI/TDI/PADI Divemaster Course is the first professional level in Recreational Diving. For all of the Divemaster Candidates, is this the most interesting and fun course of their diving career. The Dive Master course itself is relaxed and run over 3 to 6 weeks. Combining, water skills with theory sessions where you will learn all the knowledge to be a Dive Leader.
Once certified as a divemaster
Once certified as a divemaster your employment options are limitless. From busy tourist areas to remote islands and local dive clubs. As an SDI/TDI/PADI Divemaster you will be qualified to work directly with certified divers. Guiding underwater tours, running dive boats and handling dive shop logistics.
You will also be able to update divers (Scuba Review) who haven’t dived in a while and assist instructors working with divers in training. This amazing career gives you the chance to meet people from all around the world while getting paid to do what you love, Diving!
What will you learn?
- The role and characteristics of the SDI/TDI/PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What you might spot?
While attending our snorkelling, fun dives or courses you (and your Family) might spot plenty of Koh Changs Marinelife on our dive sites and Wrecks (if certification and/or course requirement are meet) at your trips on our boat.
Rent a GoPro for your day of diving! (No rental to students of the courses OWD or DSD)
Handsignals we are using while scuba diving
- You would like to know more about the PADI Divemaster Program?
- You would like to know more about the SDI Divemaster Program?
- What can I do after join in the Divemaster Program?
Course specific requirements:
- PADI: Rescue Diver + EFR (in the last 24 Month
- SDI: Certified SDI Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider(where local law permits)*
Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives
- Meet and greet around 4 – 5 pm (when your Instructor, Guide is back from the day trip)
- Documents Review and completion.
- Prepair your shedule.
- Prepair your gear.
Below are the requirements for all certification diving courses of the respective training agency (PADI, SDI or TDI).
- House rules, release from liability and assumption of risk as well as medical questionnaire
- According to Thai law (status 2020) a medical certificate is not required
- However, if one of the questions is answered with “YES”, a medical atest is necessary before any activity in the water!
- Swimming without swimming aid: minimum requirement 200m!
- Floating motionless on the water (dead man): minimum requirement 10 min.
- Minimum age for participation in scuba diving activities: 10 years (details in the specific course description).
Our services include
- Free shuttle service on dive day: Hotel to boat (White Sand Beach to Bang Bao) and back to the hotel! Pick up from the east coast on request.
- All boat fees (dive boat or dinghy)
- Complete equipment you need for scuba diving or snorkeling
- Regulators from APEKS or SCUBAPRO,
- Buoncy Control Device (BCD) from APEKS, SCUBAPRO or SEAC.
- Tropical water, usually 30 degrees warm, 3mm wetsuit short.
- SCUBAPRO Go fins, mask, Tanks (regularly maintained and tested) and weights.
- Against a surcharge of 300 THB/day for provision of a SUUNTO dive computer
- Make sure you get our special online shop discount of 5% when using your own diving equipment! The coupon code is: H7PFU7M6!! This only applies in connection with a complete set of equipment without tanks and weights, and for non-discounted services! We reserve the right to reclaim the granted discount.
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and seasonal fruits are served on the boat.
- English speaking divemasters or instructors (group size max.5 persons)
- Wifi on the boat (router capacity max. 10 persons)
- We accept the following payment methods:
- Cash payment
- Bank transfer.
- PayPal, only in the online shop
- Credit card payments in the dive shop or on the boat, free of charge if the total amount is more than 1500 THB. For amounts up to 1500 THB we charge a 3% handling fee.
- NATIONAL PARK FEE’S NOT INCLUDED
SCUBA dive training agencies
Chang Diving Center offers you courses from 3 different training agencies (PADI, SDI, TDI). So we offer you the possibility to choose diving courses according to your personal needs and requirements!
Do you still need diving equipment?
We offer you the possibility to buy them in our Dive Shop, with appropriate advice! When booking a course or a day trip online, we offer a discount of 10% on the regular price of diving equipment (coupon code: 6SVJ7ADH)
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang is a great way to enrich your holiday. Discover the rich underwater world of Koh Chang. It’s worth it! Education/Diving all year round
Keep Contact, like and follow us on Facebook, or google.
If you have something positive to say, feel free to give us a review! Also constructive criticism is welcome!
Contact over QR Codes
Add our Contact details over QR Code, Scan the code or on Apple just click it to add.
Add us in your Contacts
Home / Store / Courses / Professional Courses /
- Free transfer on your dive day from your hotel to the boat-White Sand Beach to Bang Bao.(East Coast pick up on request)
- All Equipment which you need for Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Full Set of own Scuba Diving Gear?Discount 200 THB/Day(we provide tanks and weights)
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and local fruits are served on boat
- English Speaking Divemaster or Instructor (Group Sizes max.5 PAX)
- Free Wifi on the Boat(max. 10PAX)
- Credit Card At the Shop or Boat (PayPal only at the online store)Payments above 1500 THB Free of charge
- NATIONAL PARK FEE'S NOT INCLUDED
More informationour FAQs
our Boat plan
our Dive Sites
our refund policy
Koh Chang Weather