The Emergency First Response Instructor Course (EFRI Course)
The Emergency First Response Instructor Course teaches you skills based on internationally recognized emergency care guidelines and learn how to present course content while encouraging student self-discovery.
Vinnie Jones shows how hard and fast Hands-only CPR to Stayin’ Alive by the Bee Gees can help save the life of someone who has had a cardiac arrest. The British hardman is starring in a British Heart Foundation TV advert urging more people to carry out CPR in a medical emergency.
CPR and first aid are key skills that are important to everyone, not just scuba divers. As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you teach skills based on internationally recognized emergency care guidelines, and you can offer courses to anyone. The great thing about EFR courses is that they make learning easy by providing a comfortable environment to practice emergency care skills. Your students finish the course feeling confident with their new skills and ready to help someone in need.
The only requirements are that you’re at least 18 years of age and have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care(CPR and First Aid) Training should have been completed within the past 24 months. An EFR Instructor rating is required to become a PADI Instructor also as a Divemaster the EFRI rating will make you more valuable for dive centres. You don’t have to wait until you’re ready to go pro. You can complete or refresh this training during your PADI Instructor training.
Your role as an EFR Instructor is to be a coach that creates a positive learning environment. Along with learning how to structure and organize EFR courses, you practice:
Presenting course content.
Encouraging self-discovery in students.
Evaluating students understanding and skill mastery during hands-on skills practice.
Managing effective scenario-based learning experiences.
Course specific requirements:
- Meet and greet around 4 – 5 pm (when your Instructor, Guide is back from the day trip)
- Documents Review and completion.
- Prepair your gear.
- Theory, Review and completion
- You would like to know more about the PADI / EFR First Response Instructor Program?
- What can I do after join in the First Response Instructor Program?
Below are the requirements for all certification diving courses of the respective training agency (PADI, SDI or TDI).
- House rules, release from liability and assumption of risk as well as medical questionnaire
- According to Thai law (status 2020) a medical certificate is not required
- However, if one of the questions is answered with “YES”, a medical atest is necessary before any activity in the water!
- Swimming without swimming aid: minimum requirement 200m!
- Floating motionless on the water (dead man): minimum requirement 10 min.
- Minimum age for participation in scuba diving activities: 10 years (details in the specific course description).
Our services include
- Free shuttle service on dive day: Hotel to boat (White Sand Beach to Bang Bao) and back to the hotel! Pick up from the east coast on request.
- All boat fees (dive boat or dinghy)
- Complete equipment you need for scuba diving or snorkeling
- Regulators from APEKS or SCUBAPRO,
- Buoncy Control Device (BCD) from APEKS, SCUBAPRO or SEAC.
- Tropical water, usually 30 degrees warm, 3mm wetsuit short.
- SCUBAPRO Go fins, mask, Tanks (regularly maintained and tested) and weights.
- Against a surcharge of 300 THB/day for provision of a SUUNTO dive computer
- Make sure you get our special online shop discount of 5% when using your own diving equipment! The coupon code is: H7PFU7M6!! This only applies in connection with a complete set of equipment without tanks and weights, and for non-discounted services! We reserve the right to reclaim the granted discount.
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and seasonal fruits are served on the boat.
- English speaking divemasters or instructors (group size max.5 persons)
- Wifi on the boat (router capacity max. 10 persons)
- We accept the following payment methods:
- Cash payment
- Bank transfer.
- PayPal, only in the online shop
- Credit card payments in the dive shop or on the boat, free of charge if the total amount is more than 1500 THB. For amounts up to 1500 THB we charge a 3% handling fee.
- NATIONAL PARK FEE’S NOT INCLUDED
SCUBA dive training agencies
Chang Diving Center offers you courses from 3 different training agencies (PADI, SDI, TDI). So we offer you the possibility to choose diving courses according to your personal needs and requirements!
Do you still need diving equipment?
We offer you the possibility to buy them in our Dive Shop, with appropriate advice! When booking a course or a day trip online, we offer a discount of 10% on the regular price of diving equipment (coupon code: 6SVJ7ADH)
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang is a great way to enrich your holiday. Discover the rich underwater world of Koh Chang. It’s worth it! Education/Diving all year round
Keep Contact, like and follow us on Facebook, or google.
If you have something positive to say, feel free to give us a review! Also constructive criticism is welcome!
Contact over QR Codes
Add our Contact details over QR Code, Scan the code or on Apple just click it to add.
Add us in your Contacts
- Free transfer on your dive day from your hotel to the boat-White Sand Beach to Bang Bao.(East Coast pick up on request)
- All Equipment which you need for Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Full Set of own Scuba Diving Gear?Discount 200 THB/Day(we provide tanks and weights)
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and local fruits are served on boat
- English Speaking Divemaster or Instructor (Group Sizes max.5 PAX)
- Free Wifi on the Boat(max. 10PAX)
- Credit Card At the Shop or Boat (PayPal only at the online store)Payments above 1500 THB Free of charge
- NATIONAL PARK FEE'S NOT INCLUDED
More informationour FAQs
our Boat plan
our Dive Sites
our refund policy
Koh Chang Weather