The SDI Instructor Examination
The SDI Instructor Examination is your last step in becoming a Professional SDI Dive Instructor. When you completed the IDC Instructor Development Course with your IT Instructor Trainer or IT Staff you are qualified to apply for your IE Instructor Examination. The Instructor Examination will take 2 Days.
At these Examination Days you will have to Proof your Knowledge again with:
- Theory Exams
- Classroom Presentations
- Confined and Open Water Presentations
After you passed all Requirements of the examination the Examiner will send all documentation to the International Training Headquarter which will check and process your application to put you into Teaching Status. Now you are able to teach the first SCUBA diving courses. With your new Ranking of an Open Water Diving Instructor you are allowed to teach all basic diving courses like:
- Discover SCUBA
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- First AID
- Rescue Diver
If you would like to Teach Courses which are called Specialities, you will need to continue your Instructor Training to the Rating of Speciality Instructor. But be aware that every Speciality has there own Rating. For example:
- To teach the NITROX Course you need to be a Nitrox Instructor!
- To teach the Deep Diver Course you need to be a Deep Diver Instructor!
- To teach the Wreck Diver Course you need to be a Wreck Diver Instructor!
And so on. You can earn these ratings by following an Instructor Course, with a TDI | SDI Instructor Trainer. And if you would like to go up in rankings ask your Instructor Trainer for the Speciality Instructor or Corsedirector Courses.
- You would like to know more about the SDI Instructor Examination Program?
- What can I do after join in the SDI Instructor Examination Program?
- Free transfer on your dive day from your hotel to the boat-White Sand Beach to Bang Bao.(East Coast pick up on request)
- All Equipment which you need for Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Full Set of own Scuba Diving Gear?Discount 200 THB/Day(we provide tanks and weights)
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and local fruits are served on boat
- English Speaking Divemaster or Instructor (Group Sizes max.5 PAX)
- Free Wifi on the Boat(max. 10PAX)
- Credit Card At the Shop or Boat (PayPal only at the online store)Payments above 1500 THB Free of charge
- NATIONAL PARK FEE'S NOT INCLUDED
More informationour FAQs
our Boat plan
our Dive Sites
our refund policy
Koh Chang Weather