The SDI Instructor Examination
The SDI Instructor Examination is your last step in becoming a Professional SDI Dive Instructor. When you completed the IDC Instructor Development Course with your IT Instructor Trainer or IT Staff you are qualified to apply for your IE Instructor Examination. The Instructor Examination will take 2 Days.
At these Examination Days you will have to Proof your Knowledge again with:
- Theory Exams
- Classroom Presentations
- Confined and Open Water Presentations
After you passed all Requirements of the examination the Examiner will send all documentation to the International Training Headquarter which will check and process your application to put you into Teaching Status. Now you are able to teach the first SCUBA diving courses. With your new Ranking of an Open Water Diving Instructor you are allowed to teach all basic diving courses like:
- Discover SCUBA
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- First AID
- Rescue Diver
If you would like to Teach Courses which are called Specialities, you will need to continue your Instructor Training to the Rating of Speciality Instructor. But be aware that every Speciality has there own Rating. For example:
- To teach the NITROX Course you need to be a Nitrox Instructor!
- To teach the Deep Diver Course you need to be a Deep Diver Instructor!
- To teach the Wreck Diver Course you need to be a Wreck Diver Instructor!
And so on. You can earn these ratings by following an Instructor Course, with a TDI | SDI Instructor Trainer. And if you would like to go up in rankings ask your Instructor Trainer for the Speciality Instructor or Corsedirector Courses.
Course specific requirements:
- Meet and greet around 4 – 5 pm (when your Instructor, Guide is back from the day trip)
- Documents Review and completion.
- Prepair your gear.
- swimming pool
- Theory Exams
- Open Water Presentations
- Theory Presentations
- You would like to know more about the SDI Instructor Examination Program?
- What can I do after join in the SDI Instructor Examination Program?
Below are the requirements for all certification diving courses of the respective training agency (PADI, SDI or TDI).
- House rules, release from liability and assumption of risk as well as medical questionnaire
- According to Thai law (status 2020) a medical certificate is not required
- However, if one of the questions is answered with “YES”, a medical atest is necessary before any activity in the water!
- Swimming without swimming aid: minimum requirement 200m!
- Floating motionless on the water (dead man): minimum requirement 10 min.
- Minimum age for participation in scuba diving activities: 10 years (details in the specific course description).
Our services include
- Free shuttle service on dive day: Hotel to boat (White Sand Beach to Bang Bao) and back to the hotel! Pick up from the east coast on request.
- All boat fees (dive boat or dinghy)
- Complete equipment you need for scuba diving or snorkeling
- Regulators from APEKS or SCUBAPRO,
- Buoncy Control Device (BCD) from APEKS, SCUBAPRO or SEAC.
- Tropical water, usually 30 degrees warm, 3mm wetsuit short.
- SCUBAPRO Go fins, mask, Tanks (regularly maintained and tested) and weights.
- Against a surcharge of 300 THB/day for provision of a SUUNTO dive computer
- Make sure you get our special online shop discount of 5% when using your own diving equipment! The coupon code is: H7PFU7M6!! This only applies in connection with a complete set of equipment without tanks and weights, and for non-discounted services! We reserve the right to reclaim the granted discount.
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and seasonal fruits are served on the boat.
- English speaking divemasters or instructors (group size max.5 persons)
- Wifi on the boat (router capacity max. 10 persons)
- We accept the following payment methods:
- Cash payment
- Bank transfer.
- PayPal, only in the online shop
- Credit card payments in the dive shop or on the boat, free of charge if the total amount is more than 1500 THB. For amounts up to 1500 THB we charge a 3% handling fee.
- NATIONAL PARK FEE’S NOT INCLUDED
SCUBA dive training agencies
Chang Diving Center offers you courses from 3 different training agencies (PADI, SDI, TDI). So we offer you the possibility to choose diving courses according to your personal needs and requirements!
Do you still need diving equipment?
We offer you the possibility to buy them in our Dive Shop, with appropriate advice! When booking a course or a day trip online, we offer a discount of 10% on the regular price of diving equipment (coupon code: 6SVJ7ADH)
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang is a great way to enrich your holiday. Discover the rich underwater world of Koh Chang. It’s worth it! Education/Diving all year round
Keep Contact, like and follow us on Facebook, or google.
If you have something positive to say, feel free to give us a review! Also constructive criticism is welcome!
Contact over QR Codes
Add our Contact details over QR Code, Scan the code or on Apple just click it to add.
Add us in your Contacts
- Free transfer on your dive day from your hotel to the boat-White Sand Beach to Bang Bao.(East Coast pick up on request)
- All Equipment which you need for Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Full Set of own Scuba Diving Gear?Discount 200 THB/Day(we provide tanks and weights)
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and local fruits are served on boat
- English Speaking Divemaster or Instructor (Group Sizes max.5 PAX)
- Free Wifi on the Boat(max. 10PAX)
- Credit Card At the Shop or Boat (PayPal only at the online store)Payments above 1500 THB Free of charge
- NATIONAL PARK FEE'S NOT INCLUDED
More informationour FAQs
our Boat plan
our Dive Sites
our refund policy
Koh Chang Weather