SDI Solo Diver course
The SDI Solo Diver course teaches you the practice of self-reliant scuba diving without a “dive buddy”.
Solo diving once considered technical diving and discouraged by most certification agencies, is now seen by many experienced divers and some certification agencies as an acceptable practise for those divers suitably trained and experienced. Rather than relying on the traditional buddy diving safety system, solo divers should be skilled in self-sufficiency and willing to take responsibility for their own safety while diving.
One of SDI’s most popular courses, the SDI solo diver course teaches experienced recreational divers how to safely dive independently of a dive buddy or strengthen your buddy team skills. The course stresses on proper dive planning, personal limitations, accident prevention as well as the benefits, hazard, and proper procedures for diving solo. This is specially imported as many underwater Photographer and Videographer are solo on there way to find the right shot. But even you are a Certified SOLO Diver and you can enjoy the peace of being alone on the Reef it doesn’t allow you to dive Solo into overhead environments.
But it is a great course for those who like to become a greater knowledge about dive theory, equipment and special techniques to safely dive alone. This program gives you a deep look into the buddy system.
Student Prerequisites SDI Solo Diver Course:
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Min certification/diver level: Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Min amount of dives: One hundred (100) logged dives
- Course Duration: 1,5 days and consists of half a day of theory a total of 2 dives
- System: Single Tank Open Circuit or Sidemount
What this course covers:
- Why solo-diving who can solo dive and when
- Equipment requirements –Solo dive planning
- Solo emergency procedures
- You would like to know more about the SDI Solo Diver Program?
- What can I do after join in the Solo Diver Program?
- Free transfer on your dive day from your hotel to the boat-White Sand Beach to Bang Bao.(East Coast pick up on request)
- All Equipment which you need for Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Full Set of own Scuba Diving Gear?Discount 200 THB/Day(we provide tanks and weights)
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and local fruits are served on boat
- English Speaking Divemaster or Instructor (Group Sizes max.5 PAX)
- Free Wifi on the Boat(max. 10PAX)
- Credit Card At the Shop or Boat (PayPal only at the online store)Payments above 1500 THB Free of charge
- NATIONAL PARK FEE'S NOT INCLUDED
More informationour FAQs
our Boat plan
our Dive Sites
our refund policy
Koh Chang Weather