TDI Decompression Procedures Diver
The TDI Decompression Procedures Diver Course is available at Chang Diving. It is the next course after the TDI Advanced Nitrox course. Or once you are an advanced open water diver. This course examines the theory, methods and procedures of planned stage decompression diving.
Your TDI Instructor will give you all the necessary information and skills you’ll need to complete this course.
Some topics that will be covered:
- Kit set-up
- Tech diving Equipment requirements
- Decompression techniques
- Decompression breathing gases
- Gas management
- Contingency planning
- Problem solving procedures
This Course combined with the TDI Advanced Nitrox course, form the foundation of all other technical courses. After these two courses and some extra experience, the stage has been set for you to move on to other technical levels.
Some of the materials you will be using includes the TDI Divers Guide to Decompression Procedures, US Navy or Buhlmann Air Decompression Tables (made of vinyl for easy in-water use and storage)
The aim of this course is to train divers how to plan and conduct a standard staged decompression dive.
The most common equipment requirements, gear set-ups, decompression techniques and decompression mixtures (including Oxygen and Nitrox) are presented.
What you might spot?
While attending our snorkelling, fun dives or courses you (and your Family) might spot plenty of Koh Changs Marinelife on our dive sites and Wrecks (if certification and/or course requirement are meet) at your trips on our boat.
Rent a GoPro for your day of diving! (No rental to students of the courses OWD or DSD)
Handsignals we are using while scuba diving
Course specific requirements:
- Meet and greet around 4 – 5 pm (when your Instructor, Guide is back from the day trip)
- Documents Review and completion.
- Prepair your gear.
- swimming pool
- Theory Review and completion
- Open Water Dive 1 and 2
- max. time per Training Dive 60 min., or low on Gas 50 bar
- Open Water Dive 3 and 4 max. depth max.45 m
- max. time per Training Dive 60 min., or low on Gas 50 bar
- Certification if all course requirements are fulfilled
EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS ALL COURSES
- Primary and secondary regulators (for back gas or Sidemount set-up)
- Two stage/decompression regulators
- Mask + Back-up mask
- BCD (wing) and harness or Sidemount Wing (with a min lift of 40 pounds)
- Depth gauge/computer
- Timing device and backup timing device
- Appropriate exposure suit
- Knife/cutting device and backup
- Two inflatable signal tubes
- Reel and spool
- Slate and backup slate
- Torch and Back-up torches (Trimix Diving, Wreck diving and cave diving courses)
- Hood – for cave, deep and wreck diving hood
Below are the requirements for all certification diving courses of the respective training agency (PADI, SDI or TDI).
- House rules, release from liability and assumption of risk as well as medical questionnaire
- According to Thai law (status 2020) a medical certificate is not required
- However, if one of the questions is answered with “YES”, a medical atest is necessary before any activity in the water!
- Swimming without swimming aid: minimum requirement 200m!
- Floating motionless on the water (dead man): minimum requirement 10 min.
- Minimum age for participation in scuba diving activities: 10 years (details in the specific course description).
Our services include
- Free shuttle service on dive day: Hotel to boat (White Sand Beach to Bang Bao) and back to the hotel! Pick up from the east coast on request.
- All boat fees (dive boat or dinghy)
- Complete equipment you need for scuba diving or snorkeling
- Regulators from APEKS or SCUBAPRO,
- Buoncy Control Device (BCD) from APEKS, SCUBAPRO or SEAC.
- Tropical water, usually 30 degrees warm, 3mm wetsuit short.
- SCUBAPRO Go fins, mask, Tanks (regularly maintained and tested) and weights.
- Against a surcharge of 300 THB/day for provision of a SUUNTO dive computer
- Make sure you get our special online shop discount of 5% when using your own diving equipment! The coupon code is: H7PFU7M6!! This only applies in connection with a complete set of equipment without tanks and weights, and for non-discounted services! We reserve the right to reclaim the granted discount.
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and seasonal fruits are served on the boat.
- English speaking divemasters or instructors (group size max.5 persons)
- Wifi on the boat (router capacity max. 10 persons)
- We accept the following payment methods:
- Cash payment
- Bank transfer.
- PayPal, only in the online shop
- Credit card payments in the dive shop or on the boat, free of charge if the total amount is more than 1500 THB. For amounts up to 1500 THB we charge a 3% handling fee.
- NATIONAL PARK FEE’S NOT INCLUDED
SCUBA dive training agencies
Chang Diving Center offers you courses from 3 different training agencies (PADI, SDI, TDI). So we offer you the possibility to choose diving courses according to your personal needs and requirements!
Do you still need diving equipment?
We offer you the possibility to buy them in our Dive Shop, with appropriate advice! When booking a course or a day trip online, we offer a discount of 10% on the regular price of diving equipment (coupon code: 6SVJ7ADH)
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang is a great way to enrich your holiday. Discover the rich underwater world of Koh Chang. It’s worth it! Education/Diving all year round
Keep Contact, like and follow us on Facebook, or google.
If you have something positive to say, feel free to give us a review! Also constructive criticism is welcome!
Contact over QR Codes
Add our Contact details over QR Code, Scan the code or on Apple just click it to add.
Add us in your Contacts
- Free transfer on your dive day from your hotel to the boat-White Sand Beach to Bang Bao.(East Coast pick up on request)
- All Equipment which you need for Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Full Set of own Scuba Diving Gear?Discount 200 THB/Day(we provide tanks and weights)
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and local fruits are served on boat
- English Speaking Divemaster or Instructor (Group Sizes max.5 PAX)
- Free Wifi on the Boat(max. 10PAX)
- Credit Card At the Shop or Boat (PayPal only at the online store)Payments above 1500 THB Free of charge
- NATIONAL PARK FEE'S NOT INCLUDED
More informationour FAQs
our Boat plan
our Dive Sites
our refund policy
Koh Chang Weather