The Open Water Diver course
You have already made your first experiences with snorkelling?
Do you like to glide silently through the water?
Do you like the colourful variety of fish and reefs?
You want to look closer and longer at corals, sea animals, maybe even wrecks and explore what lies hidden deep in the water?
No other environment can compete with the richness of colour, variety and dynamics of an untouched coral reef. In just ten minutes you can see more different species of animals here than in any untouched wilderness on the surface in half a day.
If you are driven by a desire to explore, then Chang Diving on Koh Chang is the place for you. At our dive sites, you’ll see things and go places most people never see.
Diving will challenge you again and again. It’s one of those rare activities that combines the greatest contrasts: adrenaline and intensity, and serenity and peace. Accept the challenge, train, plan, put together the right equipment and concentrate fully on what you do. Search and recover lost objects, dive down to 18 meters, or even explore your favourite dive site after sunset. Glide through one of the most peaceful and beautiful environments in the world, were deciding which fish to photograph will be your only worry. Either way, diving will grow with you and you with it, because there is always something new to see and discover in the underwater world.
GO AND FIND NEMO 😊
Discover new limits … with Chang Diving!
Course specific requirements:
- Meet and greet around 4 – 5 pm (when your Instructor, Guide is back from the day trip)
- Documents Review and completion.
- Prepair your gear.
- swimming pool
- Theory Review and completion
- Open Water Dive 1 and 2 max. depth 12 m
- max. time per Training Dive 60 min., or low on Gas 50 bar
- Open Water Dive 3 and 4 max. depth max.18 m
- max. time per Training Dive 60 min., or low on Gas 50 bar
- Certification if all course requirements are fulfilled
- from 10-12 years of age (junior Open Water Diver max. 12 m depth) with parental consent.
- from 12-15 years of age (junior Open Water Diver max. 18 m depth) with parental consent.
- from 15-99 years of age (Open Water Diver max. 18 m deep) to 18 years with parental consent.
- When an Junior Open Water Diver reaches the age of 15,
they may upgrade to an Open Water Scuba Diver certification by completing the Junior Open Water Upgrade form and submitting to Headquater.
Start your diving adventure today with Chang Diving
SDI Open Water Diver Video
Below are the requirements for all certification diving courses of the respective training agency (PADI, SDI or TDI).
- House rules, release from liability and assumption of risk as well as medical questionnaire
- According to Thai law (status 2020) a medical certificate is not required
- However, if one of the questions is answered with “YES”, a medical atest is necessary before any activity in the water!
- Swimming without swimming aid: minimum requirement 200m!
- Floating motionless on the water (dead man): minimum requirement 10 min.
- Minimum age for participation in scuba diving activities: 10 years (details in the specific course description).
Our services include
- Free shuttle service on your dive day/’s: Hotel to boat (White Sand Beach to Bang Bao) and back to the hotel! Pick up from the east coast on request.
- All boat fees (dive boat or dinghy)
- All online learning materials for the booked course through the languages offered by the agencies (PADI, SDI or TDI). 24 hours after booking confirmation (receipt of payment) you can start with your theory. Don’t waste your holiday time in the classroom!
- Swimming pool fees (Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver, Divemaster, Instructor courses)
- Complete equipment you need for scuba diving or snorkeling
- Regulators from APEKS or SCUBAPRO,
- Buoncy Control Device (BCD) from APEKS, SCUBAPRO or SEAC.
- Tropical water, usually 30 degrees warm, 3mm wetsuit short.
- SCUBAPRO Go fins, mask, Tanks (regularly maintained and tested) and weights.
- Against a surcharge of 300 THB/day for provision of a SUUNTO dive computer
- Make sure you get our special online shop discount of 5% when using your own diving equipment! The coupon code is: H7PFU7M6!! This only applies in connection with a complete set of equipment without tanks and weights, and for non-discounted services! We reserve the right to reclaim the granted discount.
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and seasonal fruits are served on the boat.
- English speaking divemasters or instructors (group size max.5 persons)
- Wifi on the boat (router capacity max. 10 persons)
- No further certification fees (if the course is successfully completed!)
- We accept the following payment methods:
- cash payment
- Bank transfer.
- PayPal, only in the online shop
- Credit card payments in the dive shop or on the boat, free of charge if the total amount is more than 1500 THB. For amounts up to 1500 THB we charge a 3% handling fee.
- NATIONAL PARK FEE’S NOT INCLUDED
SCUBA dive training agencies
Chang Diving Center offers you courses from 3 different training agencies (PADI, SDI, TDI). So we offer you the possibility to choose diving courses according to your personal needs and requirements!
Do you still need diving equipment?
We offer you the possibility to buy them in our Dive Shop, with appropriate advice! When booking a course or a day trip online, we offer a discount of 10% on the regular price of diving equipment (coupon code: 6SVJ7ADH)
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang
SCUBA diving in Koh Chang is a great way to enrich your holiday. Discover the rich underwater world of Koh Chang. It’s worth it! Education/Diving all year round
Keep Contact, like and follow us on Facebook, or google.
If you have something positive to say, feel free to give us a review! Also constructive criticism is welcome!
- Free transfer on your dive day from your hotel to the boat-White Sand Beach to Bang Bao.(East Coast pick up on request)
- All Equipment which you need for Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Full Set of own Scuba Diving Gear?Discount 200 THB/Day(we provide tanks and weights)
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee, tea and local fruits are served on boat
- English Speaking Divemaster or Instructor (Group Sizes max.5 PAX)
- Free Wifi on the Boat(max. 10PAX)
- Credit Card At the Shop or Boat (PayPal only at the online store)Payments above 1500 THB Free of charge
- NATIONAL PARK FEE'S NOT INCLUDED
More informationour FAQs
our Boat plan
our Dive Sites
our refund policy
Koh Chang Weather